Please see below for answers to commonly asked questions about the IHI Forum and Scientific Symposium.
When is the IHI Forum & Scientific Symposium?
The IHI Forum In-Person is currently being planned in-person for December 4 - 7, 2022 in Orlando, Florida. The IHI Online Forum is December 13 - 15, 2022.
The Symposium will take place online, December 5, 2022.
Each experience will have its own unique program.
Which event should I submit to, the IHI Forum or Scientific Symposium?
- The content of both the Forum and Scientific Symposium are rooted in the Sciences of Improvement. The Forum provides a more experiential opportunity to immerse yourself in the thinking and efforts that the improvement community is undertaking to address quality and safety. Proposals provide the opportunity for a more complete description of topics of important to the Forum audience within specific content.
- Audience: Healthcare professionals, learners and leaders
- Format: 60 minute, 2 hours, 3.5 hours and 7.5 hours workshops
- The Scientific Symposium provides a focused opportunity to hear about the latest and most promising Sciences of Improvement methods and thinking as applied to the improvement work that is underway to improve health and health care worldwide. The Symposium invites short presentations representing the very best examples of thinking, methods and implementation of the Sciences of Improvement. These short presentations are focused examples of a breakthrough idea or activity that has lead to learning or a result.
- Audience: Improvement practitioners (i.e. those involved in leading, coaching and undertaking improvement initiatives) and QI researchers
- Format: 10-15 minute presentations
How does the Scientific Symposium differ from the Forum's Improvement Science track?
The Scientific Symposium is a distillation of the most impactful advances in Sciences of Improvement, provided in a focused format (e.g., brief panel-driven sharing presentations, methods session discussions, similar to other professional socieities/health services research conference formats). The Forum's Improvement Science track includes a deeper experience (workshops, deep explorations) of topics that focus on methods and advances in understanding.
Can I submit more than one session proposal and poster application?
For In-Person Forum poster submissions there is a limit of one poster per individual. Other than that you may submit as many session proposal or virtual poster applications as you would like, but we ask that you do not repeat applications for both the IHI Forum and Scientific Symposium.
When should I expect to hear back about the status of my proposal?
Session proposal submitters to the IHI Forum and Scientific Symposium should expect to hear back about their proposal acceptance status by the end of July. Posters submitters will hear back by the first week in November.
Do I receive complimentary conference registration if accepted?
In-Person Forum General Conference: A maximum of 2 speaking presenters per session are eligible to have their General Conference registration fees waived.
In-Person Forum Pre-Conference Workshops (Half and Full-day): A maximum of 2 speaking presenters per session are eligible to have their General Conference registration fees waived and up to 2 nights hotel covered.
Virtual Forum & Scientific Symposium: A maximum of 3 presents per session are eligible to have their virtual registration fees waived.
Posters: No complimentary conference registration provided.
If my session proposal is accepted, how many attendees will be in my session?
For the Virtual Forum and Scientific Symposium, we allow for an unlimited amount of attendees to join in your session. The amount could be anywhere from 50 to 1000, but we can give you a better idea of how many registrants have signed up prior to the start of the conference. For the In-Person Forum we will set a limit based on your session room size and presentation format (workshop or session). Again we can give you a better idea of these limits prior to the start of the conference but it could fall somewhere between 40 and 150.
How will I know when I am presenting?
Assigned dates and times will be included within your initial invitation email if accepted. Please notify the Forum planning team at email@example.com of any potential conflicts with your scheduled presentation time.